Re: RFS: mbuffer (new package)

Hi,

2009/12/15 Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 02:46:28AM +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
> Maybe I'm being a bit stupid here (happens to me all the time,
> really :)), but I just don't see what is wrong with a rules file
> like this.  Could you please explain a bit further what you think
> needs changing?  If you mean the --build and --host arguments to
> the GNU configure script, well, debhelper 7's dh_auto_configure
> program provides them when needed, so that the DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE /
> DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE logic no longer has to be duplicated in all
> the rules files all across the Debian archive :)  If you mean
> something else... what is it, I honestly do not understand?

I am stupid too :-) I did not know about this handling which i was
refering to do manually. But package, in case you care, does not
configure cross compiling fine but detects the cross compiler :)

checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
checking target system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
checking for arm-linux-gnueabi-cc... no
checking for arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc... arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for C/C++ restrict keyword... __restrict
checking for inline... inline
checking for rm... /bin/rm
checking whether arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc supports -m64... configure:
error: in `/home/zumbi/WORKSPACE/test_debs/mbuffer-20091122':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.
dh_auto_configure: ./configure returned exit code 1
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_configure] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/zumbi/SCM/SVN/K2M-BLOCKSAT/HectorOron/test_debs/mbuffer-20091122'
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

> And once again, thanks for your time in reviewing mbuffer!

Thanks to you for sharing mbuffer with us! :-)

--
 Héctor Orón