Re: Update on "MyOS" and scim-waitzar/libwaitzar (Attn. Paul Wise)

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 2:05 PM, S'orlok Reaves <sorlok_reaves@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   * Is there anyone out there who is willing to sponsor this package? It'll take some time for me to tidy up the package (and I will certainly contact the scim/ibus guys) but if there are any bilingual mentors especially w.r.t. Asian languages, please let me know if you can help to sponsor this package.

You could also try the debian-i18n list, some other ideas are in the
debian-mentors FAQ. If all else fails I guess I can sponsor them.

>   * The Apache License recommends placing licensing information at the bottom of the file. Is there a good reason to move it to the top? If so, I'll move it, but otherwise I'll stick with the default.

It is the convention in free software to put the copyright/license
info up the top. I so rarely see it at the bottom that I would miss
such information if it were at the bottom.

>   * local.conf is in the tarball because automake generates it when I run "make distcheck". I am hesitant to remove things that automake thinks are ncessary. Will removing local.conf affect non-Debian users of scim-waitzar? If it's harmless to remove, I'll take it out. (Same regarding config.guess/config.sub)

I am unable to build libwaitzar so I can't try out make distcheck, but
I don't see why it would be nessecary and I can't see where it would
come from, so not sure how to answer this.

config.guess/sub is different. Adding them to the diff.gz is wrong
because you always want the latest available version at build time,
not the latest version from when the diff.gz is formed, otherwise new
architectures can't simply upgrade autotools-dev and build packages.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise