RFS: gnus -- A versatile news and mail reader for Emacsen

Hi,

a short time ago I noticed that the world's best mail and newsreader,
Gnus, is up for adoption.

I'd be willing to become maintainer of this package. I've been using
Gnus for ten years, and for a couple of last years I've already been
using self-compiled version of Gnus to fix compatibility with GNU Emacs
22 (with patches from BTS).

I've prepared now packages for latest upstream release, and uploaded
that to mentors.

http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=gnus

Any feedback appreciated. I know that there is some lintian warnings,
and I plan to check those soon.

--
Tommi Vainikainen