Re: RFS: scmbug

Kristis Makris wrote:
>On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 19:16 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
>What do I need to do to change the package into being non-native ?
>How/where do I specify the non-native version number ?

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version

(short answer: in debian/changelog)

>> 2. Please create proper debian directory and not by symlink to some
>> directory with templates and other crap in it.

>Debian is not the only distribution this system is packaged for. I don't
>like to have a top-level directory called "debian" in the source code
>repository. Instead, I have a directory called packaging/debian.

Usually the debian directory is added seperately, and not in the
upstream source.

>> 4. Build fails as there are some hardcoded paths: make: Entering an
>> unknown directory make: ***
>> /home/mkgnu/devel/scmbug.0.26.13/SCMBUG_RELEASE_0-26-13/src/tests:
>> No such file or directory.  Stop. make: Leaving an unknown

>There are no hardcoded paths in the build process. I'm not sure why this
>error occurs. This link is no longer valid.

Perhaps you can try building your package using pbuilder (see debian
package of the same name) or cowbuilder. This is a good way to catch
these kind of errors.

>> 6. Please use litian:
>>
>> $ lintian -IE --pedantic scmbug_0.26.13.dsc
>> W: scmbug source: ancient-standards-version 3.5.2 (current is 3.8.0)
>> W: scmbug source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log
>> W: scmbug source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.status

>Is it necessary that I correct warnings ?

Look at it this way. You ask someone to sign off on your package for
you; they are likely to find so many errors discouraging.  At least
the first one seems quite bad for a new package.  How did you get such
a version anyway?

David

Not a debian developer.