Re: RFS: scmbug

Hello,

Could you please help in trying to resolve this issues with packaging
scmbug ?

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 19:16 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "scmbug".
> >
> > * Package name    : scmbug
> >   Version         : 0.26.13
> >   Upstream Author : Kristis Makris <kristis.makris@asu.edu>
> > * URL             : http://www.mkgnu.net/?q=scmbug
> > * License         : GPL
> >   Section         : devel
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > scmbug-common - Scmbug common libraries.
> > scmbug-doc - Scmbug documentation.
> > scmbug-server - Scmbug integration server.
> > scmbug-tools - Scmbug integration tools.
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/scmbug/scmbug_0.26.13.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Very quick look at the package:
>
> 1. Do not make package native.

What do I need to do to change the package into being non-native ?
How/where do I specify the non-native version number ?

> 2. Please create proper debian directory and not by symlink to some
> directory with templates and other crap in it.

Why not ?

Debian is not the only distribution this system is packaged for. I don't
like to have a top-level directory called "debian" in the source code
repository. Instead, I have a directory called packaging/debian.

> 3. Please file an ITP bug and close it in first changelog entry.

I have filed an ITP, and I am now closing it in the first changelog
entry.

> 4. Build fails as there are some hardcoded paths:
> make: Entering an unknown directory
> make:
> *** /home/mkgnu/devel/scmbug.0.26.13/SCMBUG_RELEASE_0-26-13/src/tests:
> No such file or directory.  Stop. make: Leaving an unknown directory
> make[1]: *** [clean] Error 2
>
> Full log is at http://tmp.cihar.com/scmbug_0.26.13_amd64.build

There are no hardcoded paths in the build process. I'm not sure why this
error occurs. This link is no longer valid.

> 5. Please be more verbose in description of package.

The package description is now more verbose.

> 6. Please use litian:
>
> $ lintian -IE --pedantic scmbug_0.26.13.dsc
> W: scmbug source: ancient-standards-version 3.5.2 (current is 3.8.0)
> I: scmbug source: build-depends-without-arch-dep docbook-dsssl
> I: scmbug source: build-depends-without-arch-dep docbook-utils
> I: scmbug source: build-depends-without-arch-dep transfig
> I: scmbug source: build-depends-without-arch-dep imagemagick
> W: scmbug source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log
> W: scmbug source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.status

Is it necessary that I correct warnings ?

> 7. Source should match the one available on upstream website:
> $ md5sum SCMBUG_RELEASE_0-26-13.tar.gz scmbug_0.26.13.tar.gz
> a5c92c23e8c2fa5f67a389e12c04aacd  SCMBUG_RELEASE_0-26-13.tar.gz
> d5645be5bc4a620f8f9db67a11662f0b  scmbug_0.26.13.tar.gz

I don't understand how dpkg-buildpackage prepared this new .tar.gz file.