Which package cacher to use?

Hi there.

I seem to recall that, in the not so distant past, people were
discussing here the subject of package chachers for the use of building
(and rebuilding etc) packages from sources, something which is necessary
for those that want to help with the mentoring process (or even building
their own packages at home).

OK, so, recently, "Linux Weekly News" has published an article (right at
http://lwn.net/Articles/318658/) that made some simple comparisons
between apt-cache, apt-proxy, approx and others and, to be honest, the
article has just made me even more confused about which cacher to use.

Worse, when I saw some bugs (e.g., #285360) on the BTS, I felt lost,
since I need to use three arches.

So, I would like to ask you:

* what is the package chacher that you are using?

* Is it able to cope with multiple architectures?

* Can it support multiple distributions?  Supporting Debian, Ubuntu and
  other non-official repositories would be really handy.

* Does it keep a directory hierarchy neatly organized like the Debian
  archive?

Right now, I am using apt-move for a single machine and I thought of
exporting this to other boxes via NFS, but I would prefer to use the
proxy way of doing things, to make life easier.

Thanks for any help, Rogério Brito.