Re: Closing bugs, incrementing release number, and uploads to mentors.debian.net

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:59, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> writes:
>> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:16, George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:
>> > My context analyzer claims [1] that what Ben wrote was more like
>> > question (though the question mark and interrogative form were
>> > missing;-), rather than a ironed rule.
>>
>> Well, the way he wrote (and he is usually very careful at writing)
>> it seems like a preamble for the real question.
>
> Perhaps " I'd like to know that I'm wrong, or that I'm right but
> there is a way to get around it." was not clear enough?

Ok about this particular aspect, there are some sponsors that require
the have a new revision each "iteration" (sponsoree RFS, sponsor
replies, sponsoree needs to do changes to package), others that do not
want this, others that adapt to both situations.

So you're wrong thinking this is a general recommendation or wide used
(something like a "should" or "must"), but you're right thinking it's
a recommendations sometimes done, that you might *consider* doing as
long as your sponsor agrees

Cheers,