Re: RFS: sctplib

> What about http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=340938 ?
> Does it offer any advantage over lksctp which warrants a re-inclusion.

sctplib supports the latest version of the SCTP API, including sendx() and
connectx(). sendx() is not supported by lksctp, connectx() only by very
new kernels. Since sctplib is userland, it can also be used on kernels
without (working) lksctp. In particular, it also works with old kernels
that do not have a stable lksctp (lksctp does not work reliably on kernels
before 2.6.20). Furthermore, userland SCTP allows for replacing the SCTP
implementation without modifying the kernel.

sctplib still has quite a lot of users and I have been asked regularly for
up-to-date packages. Therefore, I have updated the Debian package to the
latest sctplib version.

Best regards
 Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Duisburg-Essen,                   Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
 E-Mail:     dreibh@exp-math.uni-essen.de
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh