Re: Multiple binary packages

Am Mittwoch, den 03.10.2007, 22:35 +0200 schrieb Jeffrey Ratcliffe:
> I've been trying to build multiple packages from one source using the
> example given in
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/04/msg00347.html and
> http://www.miriamruiz.es/weblog/?p=42
>
> as an example. debuild seems to fall over with
>
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in "." "./.." "./../.."
> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> debuild: fatal error at line 1228:
> debian/rules build failed

If you simply do an:

ls -lA hello-0.1

you will see, that the autotools files (install-sh, ...) are links to
tools of automake version 1.9. And they are probably dead links, because
you miss the automake 1.9 package. But that's just a guess.

> but it seems to me that writing the appropriate package.install files
> should be enough.

That's correct. However I dislike the `install -d' and `cp' calls in
debian/rules. dh_installdirs and dh_install exist. By using dh_install,
you don't need to create the directories with dh_dirs first.

> This doesn't seem to be doing the trick in the
> packages (tesseract-ocr and tesseract-ocr-dev) that I am working on.
>
> Is there more to it than just the package.install files, or does my
> mistake lie elsewhere?

Elsewhere. See above.

Regards, Daniel