Re: Building a package for a web application

On 9/17/07, David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm indeed missing the signature file but I will add this later.
> Other than that, is this package ready?

We can't know: upload it somewhere on the network (the upstream source with the
debian/ directory) and someone will take a look and comment.

After commenting those $(MAKE) like I said in the previous email it seems like the build was
successful. I've uploaded the package to this address: http://daloradius.sourceforge.net/packages/daloradius-0.9-3/
which the debian/ directory in there is what interests us.

After running dpkg-buildpackage -b I have found 2 newly created files in the outside directory
being: daloradius_0.9.3_i386.changes and daloradius_0.9.3_i386.deb
From memory I believe that the .changes file is required for the tool to upload it to mentors.debian.net

If the output log from the dpkg-buildpackage is also required, here it is:

dpkg-buildpackage: source package is daloradius
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.9.3
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by liran <liran@enginx.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
 debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
/usr/bin/make clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/debs/daloradius-0.9.3'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/debs/daloradius-0.9.3'
make: [clean] Error 2 (ignored)
dh_clean
dh_clean: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
 debian/rules build
dh_testdir
# Add here commands to configure the package.
touch configure-stamp
dh_testdir
# Add here commands to compile the package.
# /usr/bin/make
#docbook-to-man debian/daloradius.sgml > daloradius.1
touch build-stamp
 debian/rules binary
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k
dh_clean: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_installdirs
dh_installdirs: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
# Add here commands to install the package into debian/daloradius.
# /usr/bin/make install DESTDIR=/opt/debs/daloradius-0.9.3/debian/daloradius
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installchangelogs
dh_installchangelogs: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_installdocs
dh_installdocs: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_installexamples
dh_installexamples: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_installman
dh_installman: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_link
dh_link: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_strip
dh_strip: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_compress
dh_compress: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_fixperms
dh_fixperms: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_installdeb
dh_installdeb: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_shlibdeps
dh_shlibdeps: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_gencontrol
dh_gencontrol: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_md5sums
dh_md5sums: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dh_builddeb
dh_builddeb: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dpkg-deb: building package `daloradius' in `../daloradius_0.9.3_i386.deb'.
 dpkg-genchanges -b
dpkg-genchanges: binary-only upload - not including any source code
dpkg-buildpackage: binary only upload (no source included)

I hope this includes all information...
Thanks,

Liran.