Re: RFS: gbrainy

Am Freitag, den 14.09.2007, 17:50 +0200 schrieb Siegfried-Angel:
> Hi again,
>
> Thanks Sebastian, that issues should be fixed now. I couldn't try to
> build it with pbuilder however, since it needs to download a lot of
> stuff and my Internet connection isn't that good.

Ok, when you fix the build depends as said below it will work
in pbuilder I guess.
some remaining notes:

- debian/copyright:
  + include the full copyright notice, i.e.
    Copyright (C) 2007 Jordi Mas i Hernàndez <jmas@softcatala.org>

- debian/control:
  + Do _not_ build-depend on mono-devel but instead on the separate
    mono packages that your package needs and version them. I.e.:
    mono-gmcs, libmono-dev (>= 1.1.7), libmono2.0-cil,
    libgnome2-dev (>= 2.2), libgnomeui-dev (>= 2.2),
    libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.8), libcairo2-dev (>= 1.2),
    libgtk2.0-cil (>= 2.8), libgnome2.0-cil (>= 2.8),
    libglade2.0-cil (>= 2.8), libmono-cairo2.0-cil

    Take a look at configure.in!

    Also please tell upstream, that he should check in configure.ac
    for the stuff he needs and use $(BLA_LIBS) in src/Makefile.am
    instead of calling pkg-config (-pkg:gtk-sharp-2.0) again.
    Checks for Mono.Cairo.dll and glade-sharp-2.0 are missing from
    configure.ac
    And even more important, the checks for libgnome2-dev,
    libgnomeui-dev, libgtk2.0-dev and libcairo2-dev are completely
    unnecessary and only fill up your build-depends ;)
  + Put everything _except_ debhelper and cdbs into Build-Depends-Indep,
    leaving those two in Build-Depends

- debian/dirs:
  + Not necessary, can be dropped

- debian/menu:
  + For the lintian warning, look at the debian menu spec for allowed
    sections, not at the fd.o spec (desktop file != debian menu file
    unfortunately). You probably want Games/Puzzles or something similar
    as section

- debian/patches/05....:
  + Please notify upstream that his install location for the .exe file
    is pretty non-standard, nobody does that anymore :)

- debian/rules:
  + common-binary-predeb-arch:: must be common-binary-predeb-indep::
    as your package is arch-indep ;)

Other than that very good package, if you fix those issues (the "tell
upstream" ones are not necessary but would make your life easier in the
future) I'll sponsor your package.

Bye