Re: RFS: ario

Hi

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:22:03 +0200
"Marc Pavot" <marc.pavot@gmail.com> wrote:

> > - consider using system libmpd instead of bundled src/libmpdclient.[ch]
> libmp is different from libmpdclient. libmpd is a higler level library
> based on libmpdclient but Ario doesn't use libmpd.

It provides libmpdclient.h and there are no problems to make code use
it. I did such switch in mpdscribble, but it's your choice whether to
use it.

> I have uploaded a new package (ario_0.2-1). Can you please check it?

Please merge changelog entries, it looks a bit strange to have -0 as
initial upload, as initial version in archive should be -1.

Now lintian complains about some problems (run with -i to get more
verbose details about each problem):

$ lintian -I ../ario_0.2-1_i386.changes
W: ario source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log
W: ario: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/ario
I: ario: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key ./usr/share/applications/ario.desktop:2 Encoding
W: ario: desktop-entry-invalid-category Application ./usr/share/applications/ario.desktop
W: ario: menu-item-uses-apps-section /usr/share/menu/ario:5

The first issue comes from fact, that I built package several
times. Clean target does not seem to remove everything and
config.log is then added to to diff, because it is new file.

For menu changes (last issue) see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/07/msg00000.html