Re: RFS: steam-powered

David Given <dg@cowlark.com> writes:

> Given that I've just seen pretty much exactly the same conversation
> on -devel about a week ago, and that this keeps popping up, it's
> obvious that there *is* demand for working non-free software on
> Debian. (I use it myself.)

It's obvious that people want it, even on a free operating system. It
still has no place *in* a free operating system, by definition.

> Also given that given that there are a number of DDs who *do* want
> to sponsor non-free (because otherwise there wouldn't be such a
> thing...), might I suggest that it might be worthwhile setting up a
> -nonfree mailing list?

Such a mailing list is contrary to the goal of Debian, so I'd be
alarmed to see such a list using Debian's resources. Feel free to set
up such a list somewhere else though.

--
 \      "Contentment is a pearl of great price, and whosoever procures |
  `\        it at the expense of ten thousand desires makes a wise and |