Re: RFS: steam-powered

Le Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 11:57:58AM +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :
> "Michael Gilbert" <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > users should not be forced to adopt only free software.  they should
> > be free to choose whether they wish to take the pragmatic or
> > idealogical road for all of their software.
>
> Please, not this chestnut again.
>
> The users *are* free to choose the software that's out there. The
> Debian project is also free to refuse to choose what software it
> distributes.

Hi all,

If there is really a doubt that the package would not pass the NEW
queue, or that the developpers or the tech committee would ask for the
package removal, it could be useful to ask before doing too much work
for nothing. On the other hand, I think that it is unlikely to happen...

Issuing a proper ITP would be the best way to probe the communauty,
since it is CCed to -devel.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy