Re: RFS: serpentine -- An application for creating audio CDs

 (Uploaded to Debian.)

On Sun, May 28, 2006, Sam Morris wrote:
> >  - I'd include the Ubuntu changelog, it carries history of the changes
> >    Ubuntu did and might be useful to explain particular aspects of the
> >    package
> The only thing left from the Ubuntu package is the descriptions, so I
> didn't think the prior changelog was worth including.

 [ Still, the package was derived from Ubuntu, as this would point out,
 and this would also ease the review of the diff for Ubuntu folks as
 they'd know from which version you started (imagine they uploaded
 changes since you copied their package but would like to sync with
 yours). ]

 Now that I've built the package, I suggest getting rid of CDBS'
 build-dep generation to avoid these lintian warnings:
 W: serpentine source: build-depends-without-arch-dep autotools-dev
 W: serpentine source: build-depends-without-arch-dep pkg-config
 W: serpentine source: build-depends-without-arch-dep libxml-parser-perl
 (ie. to move these to BD-Indep)

 This feature is a bit ugly, and it also causes a duplicate debhelper
 build-dep.

PS: because I tend to forget it, it's nice to remind me of using -v
and/or -sa to build the package when necessary
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
"You can gtk_main_run, but you can't gtk_widget_hide." --danw, 19-jul-04