[OT?] debmirror does not add index files

Hello all,

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but I
suppose I will get some pointers (I suspect -devel to be a better
place, but I might be missing something due to my lack of knowledge,
thus my choice).

I started creating a local mirror via debmirror sometime ago and the
partial mirror is complete (unstable i386+ppc+sources), but the index
files (Packages* and Sources*) are never copied automatically by
debmirror from .temp.

Initially I suspected running the script at an unproper time thus
overlapping my mirror's update period with the official Debian mirror
I use as a source (my connection is not that fast to allow my local
mirror to update quickly). I have changed the time at which the script
runs but the problem persist. I also tried changing the source mirror,
but the result is the same.

I found that copying the files by hand from the .temp folder into the
dists is a good thing to do, but I expected this to be done by
debmirror itself.

The update logs do not seem to show anythign relevant except that in
some seldom cases there are some errors in rsync (coming from rsync.c,
iirc)

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

P.S.: I am using as a mirror machine a NSLU2 @ 266MHz with an external
USB rack in which lies a 320 GB HDD; the machine runs Debian BE with a
modified OpenSlug kernel (more modules and compiled by myself).

--
Regards,
EddyP