Slatec

Dear Mentors;

My name is Muammar El Khatib, I'm a chemistry student and I'm doing my
thesis on nonlinear optic (quantum chemistry).

There is a package called slatec and is up for adoption. I'm
interested to maintain this package. I talked with the developer who
was maintaining slatec, and he told me that I had to  find a sponsor.
( I also read slatec's bugs on http://bugs.debian.org)
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=359576)

Who can help me?

I was investigating about slatec and I think slatec is important. My
reasons are:

1) Slatec contains subroutines for solving diversified scientific and
engineering problems.
2) Slatec is used.
3) Another reason, and I don't know if is important, I want to
contribute to debian.
4) I had worked with FORTRAN and I think that I've skills on
mathematics and FORTRAN.

I'm reading all the documentation of debian, and one step is write to
debian-mentors.

Please excuse me if my subject isn't correct and thanks to read this message.

Regards;
--
Muammar El Khatib.
Linux user: 403107.