Re: gnash: /usr/lib/libXcursor.la does not exist

Hi

Loïc Minier wrote (Sunday 07 May 2006 6:48 am):
> On Sat, May 06, 2006, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> > /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libXcursor.la: No such file or directory
> > libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libXcursor.la' is not a valid libtool archive
>
>     grep -l Xcursor.la /usr/lib/*.la
>  will list the libtool archives which still reference this file, the
>  packages shipping these files should be updated not to reference
>  Xcursor.la (rebuilt).

There is a hack floating around that basically involves taking a meat cleaver
to all the files that reference Xcursor.la and others that have gone along
with it which no longer exist.

I'm trying to find the line I saw a while ago, but Google is failing me. The
idea is you grep for all the la files that reference libXcursor.la, and just
remove that reference from them. It's a pretty nasty hack, but it can be
done, and it seems to work. Best you don't take my word for it until you find
a confirmation of this idea, though.

Relevent discussion here (plus many others in debian-x):

Peace,
Brendon