Re: pbuilder and scons

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:15:43 +0100
Claudio Moratti <maxer@knio.it> wrote:

> Hi *!
> I'm working on a package that uses scons...
>
> everything goes fine but I find one problem: in order to clean the
> sources, debian/rules calls
> /usr/bin/scons -c
> but pbuilder don't try to install the Unmet build dependencies before
> the "clean"...

AFAICS what is happening here is that pbuilder executes the
'clean' rule outside of the chroot, so you have that the build
dependancy is not satisfied _here_. I worked around that issue (in my
case it was the blender package) installing scons on my development
machine even if I use pbuilder to build packages, not an elegant
solution, I know.

> I read, in Debian Policy Manual, that:
> "Build-Depends, Build-Conflicts
>     The Build-Depends and Build-Conflicts fields must be satisfied
> when any of the following targets is invoked: build, clean, binary,
> binary-arch, build-arch, build-indep and binary-indep."
>
> Is it a bug?

Maybe we should ask the pbuilder developers?

If you are interested I have a slightly more advanced wrapper scripts
for pdebuild, I use it to build packages also for Ubuntu Breezy while
being on Debian Sid. Let me know by private mail, if those scripts can
be useful we can then put them publicly on the web.

Have a good time,
   Antonio.

--
  Web site: http://www.studenti.unina.it/~ospite