Re: linker and transition questions...

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 12:47:56AM +0200, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Le Dimanche 4 Septembre 2005 00:43, Kurt Roeckx a écrit :
> > I'm guessing this is not the same chroot you build it in and is
> > not a current sid version?

> Well, I built it under a fresh pbuilder from this morning, and I run a half
> baked sid due to lack of kde fresh packages against the last transition..
> like kshutdown ;)

> Then, are the dependencies for the new packages taken all from pbuilder's
> chroot?
> Also, why ldd reports differents thins, I thought that lld would use exactly
> what objdump show..

ldd traverses dependencies and reports all of the libraries that would
be loaded into memory by ld.

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 12:59:06AM +0200, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Le Dimanche 4 Septembre 2005 00:45, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > - your build environment has fully transitioned to g++-4.0, but the
> >   environment where you're running linda is not, in which case you can
> >   upload as-is as soon as you're able to verify this.

> That's it!
> I allready built the package on a clean sid pbuilder chroot, so that was not
> the previous cases...
> By running login on pbuilder, and ldd I get:
> duppy:/# ldd /usr/bin/kshutdown | grep ++
>         libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7e0f000)

> So that seems allright!

> Then the package is at:
> http://www.cti.ecp.fr/~beauxir5/uploads/

> If anyone wants to have a look at it and sign/upload it - I'm no DD sorry..
> The changes from previous one are only new upstream bugfix release and watch
> file added...

I've looked over the package update, and for the most part it looks ok,
but the new Portuguese translation that upstream included is quite buggy
and I'm not willing to upload a package that introduces such bugs.

Bugs I see after a quick review:

- the .po file has been badly converted to UTF8 by someone who assumed
  pt_BR uses ISO-8859-2 encoding -- it doesn't, it uses ISO-8859-1.

#: mmainwindow.cpp:625
msgid "5 minutes warning"
msgstr "5 minutos aguardando"
- "aguardando" means "waiting", not "warning"

#: mstatstab.cpp:96
msgid "Re&fresh"
msgstr "Re&iniciar"
- refresh != restart?

#: mschedulertab.cpp:44
msgid "Registere&d tasks:"
msgstr "Registra&dor de tarefas:"
- "Registrador" means something that is used for registering; this could
  be an ok translation in context, I don't know.

#: msettingsdialog.cpp:430
msgid "C&ustom Message"
msgstr "Mensagem P&adrão"
- Padrão means "default", not "custom"...

Perhaps you could get someone from debian-l10n-portuguese to provide a
review of this file, or else disable it until a review is possible?