Re: ignoring upstream debian directory

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> schrieb:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, David Everly wrote:
>> Is there some mechanism or alternative for using uupdate so that any
>> upstream debian directory can be removed before patching?
>
> Repack the upstream tarball sans the bogus debian/ dir, or use one of the
> unpack-tarball-on-build-tree/-and-patch packaging styles...

Why not just replace the upstream debian dir with your version in
diff.gz? Just because some tool (uupdate) might have problems with that?
In this case, I'd suggest to fix uupdate. A good approach would be to
move the upstream debian directory to "upstream-debian/", so that the
maintainer can have a look, but then delete it.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich