Re: shlibs

* martin f krafft [Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:11:34 +0200]:

> Do you want your dependency to be satisfyable by either xmms (which
> shlibs suggests), or beep-media-player (which shlibs does not
> suggest). If so, you are either going to have to provide your own
> shlibs.local file and put in an appropriate entry, or manually
> define the dependencies in debian/control. AFAIK, shlibs cannot
> handle alternatives.

  what I was trying to point out on irc was: if ${shlibs:Depends}
  expands to xmms, that's because a binary in the package links against
  /usr/lib/libxmms.so.1. if you workaround that, you'll end up with a
  broken (*) binary in the system.

    (*) there may be (I'd say) valid circumstances in which that result
    is acceptable. I myself do that in one of my packages. I was just
    trying to make you aware of the consequences.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The Wright Brothers weren't the first to fly. They were just the first
not to crash