Re: gpsd package (looking for a review)

also sprach Tilman Koschnick <lists@subnetz.org> [2004.10.19.1637 +0200]:
> I have some experience with shared libs, and some experience with
> deb packaging, just not with official packages yet, so they never
> had to withstand the scrutiny of debian developers...

I would suggest finding a good sponsor willing to walk you through
all the traps. Ping me again in two weeks if you have not found
someone until then. Note that I am not really claiming to be a good
sponsor when it comes to libs, but I maintain a couple myself and
have made my fair share of errors.

> dh_python generated the dependency on python. Although in this
> case, I think it's unneccesary. I'd like to keep the python module
> in the main package, at least until someone actually uses it for
> something else and wants it split out. But I'd prefer not to have
> gpsd depending on python, since the program itself doesn't need
> it.

I think this is best answered by doko or someone else more
experienced with Python. I would assume you can leave off the
dependency under the circumstances you describe.

`. `'`