Re: dh_installinit...

Thomas -Balu- Walter <debian@b-a-l-u.de> schrieb:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 02:25:35PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > To do so I need the initscript to make a difference if the package is
>> > called from postinst (don't exist with error status code) or not (exit
>> > with error status code to allow an admin to script something e.g.).
>>
>> Why this? Why not just
>>
>> invoke-rc.d $INITSCRIPT start || true
>
> Because I do not want to install, configure, etc. the initscript
> manually in postinst. I simply use dh_installinit as helper which will
> also work if the init-procedure changes somehow or something like this.

I understand you that you prefer it this way. But unless dh_installinit
has a "--true-if-fail" option, you should do it manually in this
case. Fiddling with this variable stuff in POSTINST isn't really easier
than writing manual invoke-rc.d calls into your postinst.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie