Re: YMMFPQ (Yet More My First Package Questions)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:19:44PM +0200, Thorsten Sauter wrote:
> * Thomas -Balu- Walter <debian@b-a-l-u.de> [2003-08-27 18:07]:
[lintian warnings]
> you _must_ use sid/unstable to build your packages. If the package is
> only for yourself, you can safely ignore the lintian warnings above.

I will build them using unstable before making them really public, for
now I only have woody systems flying around.

> dpkg-buildpackage tries to sign the package with your name, which is
> used in the debian/changelog file. You can change the name (and email)
> in this file to the name which is used for your gpg key.

The eMail is correct, but the name differs :-). Thats why I was curious
why dpkg-buildpackage not only uses the eMail-address to check for keys.
But thats not a problem as long as I can use -k to choose a key.

> | Checking the contents of the .deb lists some include-files which should
> | not be there IMHO. Am I supposed to put them in a camsource-dev package
> | as they are only needed if one wants to develop new modules? What would
> | be the best way to handle those?
>
> fixing the makefile or simply removing the include files after the "make
> install".
> rm -fr $(CURDIR)/debian/camsource/usr/include

And what about people that want to develop modules for camsource? They
might need them. I only see two choices: leave them in the main package
or create an additional camsource-dev package (which I need to figure
out then).

     Balu