YMMFPQ (Yet More My First Package Questions)

Hi there,

as many other questions on this list, mine are related to my first try to
create a package. I've chosen camsource - a modularized and multithreaded
webcam-streaming software.

As usual I've used the New Maintainers' Guide to get started and nearly
all went well. Besides two warnings lintian gives me:

W: camsource source: newer-standards-version 3.5.10
-> which should be fixed by a new lintian version; I've used the one
   from testing
W: camsource: postinst-should-not-set-usr-doc-link
-> should be fixed with a new debhelper (if built on unstable e.g.)

So I can ignore those warnings, correct?

Another problem I experienced is that I have to start dpkg-buildpackage
using -kdebian@b-a-l-u.de, because it tries to find a key related to
'Thomas -Balu- Walter <debian@b-a-l-u.de>', but gpg stored my key as
'Thomas Walter (Balu) <debian@b-a-l-u.de>'.

Is it a bug or a feature that dpkg-buildpackage doesn't only use the
email address to make gpg search for keys?

Checking the contents of the .deb lists some include-files which should
not be there IMHO. Am I supposed to put them in a camsource-dev package
as they are only needed if one wants to develop new modules? What would
be the best way to handle those?

While speaking of modules... All included modules are libraries - do I
have to put them into separate packages too or can I simply leave them
where they are?

You can find it at http://www.b-a-l-u.de/debian/camsource/

    Balu
PS: Don't expect me to upgrade the version yet - this is all alpha
packaging... :)