Re: can't install from a local repository

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:56:29AM -0700, Eric Winger wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>

> > > deb file:///home/ewinger/archive binary/
> >
> > These are incompatible.  Either create Packages relative to archive (not
> > binary), or use
> >
> > deb file:///home/ewinger/archive/binary ./
> >
> > or such
> >
> > --
> >  - mdz
> >

> I tried using
>
> deb file:///home/ewinger/archive/binary ./
>
> &
>
> moving the contents of binary up one level to archive & deleting the
> now-empty binary folder.
> deb file:///home/ewinger archive/ <file:///home/ewinger/archive/binary>
>

> apt-get update continues to work fine, however, I still get the same
> message. Do I need to issue some other command on the archive first
> perhaps? Before doing apt-get update?

I missed the architecture in your archive directory lay-out.
Architecture is something like 'alpha', 'powerpc'. or 'ia64'

stappers@fr18:/pub/debian/dists/sarge/main
$ pwd
/pub/debian/dists/sarge/main
stappers@fr18:/pub/debian/dists/sarge/main
$ ls
binary-alpha  binary-i386  binary-powerpc
stappers@fr18:/pub/debian/dists/sarge/main
$ ls binary-powerpc/
Packages  Packages.gz  Release  backup
stappers@fr18:/pub/debian/dists/sarge/main