Re: can't install from a local repository

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> deb file:///home/ewinger/archive binary/

These are incompatible.  Either create Packages relative to archive (not
binary), or use

deb file:///home/ewinger/archive/binary ./

or such

--
 - mdz

I tried using

deb file:///home/ewinger/archive/binary ./

&

moving the contents of binary up one level to archive & deleting the now-empty binary folder.
deb file:///home/ewinger archive/ <file:///home/ewinger/archive/binary>

apt-get update continues to work fine, however, I still get the same message. Do I need to issue some other command on the archive first perhaps? Before doing apt-get update?

Eric