Re: (Possible) new maintainer, gpg question

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 02:10:55PM -0400, Ian Peters wrote:
> I am looking at becoming a Debian developer.  I have one package in
> mind to adopt from the current maintainer, and one that I would like
> to package myself.  However, I have not found any information for sure
> on the web page on whether I can use gpg instead of pgp, as a Debian
> developer.  Does anyone here know?

*adds the gpg howto thingy to his .plan*

If you have only one key with your email address that you use on the
changelog (ie, you have no RSA key with the same address), all you need to
do is make sure that the key is on the Debian gpg keyring and tell
dpkg-buildpackage to use gpg with "-pgpg -sgpg"

If you have an RSA key or more than one key with the same email address,
you should tell gpg which one to use with -k (requires dpkg-dev 1.4.1.5)

So in my case to use my RSA key I use:

  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -pgpg -sgpg -k0x50BDA0ED

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3