Re: /etc/ question

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 10:42:38PM -0300, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:

[...]

> Remember to correctly unwind, moving the conffile back to its original place
> (as long as the original file does not exist) in the abort-install and
> abort-upgrade targets of preinst, postrm and postinst. [never tried this,
> but that seems to be what's needed from the not-so-clear policy chapter 6]

In the package I maintain, called crafty, I moved /etc/craftyrc to
/etc/crafty.rc and /var/cache/crafty to /var/lib/crafty in the previous
version (17.9). Version now is 17.13. The 'move' routine is still in preinst
of the latest version because we don't know what version people are upgrading
from.

Now that's my problem : if upgrade fails or is aborted, I should move the files
back to their original location. But if people are upgrading from a 'post-move'
version, the original location is different than if they were upgrading from a
'pre-move' location.

So, where do I move the files back ???

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT