Re: dh_installdeb & postrm

On Saturday 24 February 2001 17:48, Eric VB wrote:
> Now if I add a line to debian/postrm.debhelper, everytime I re-build
> my package (dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot), this line is erased. Where
> do I have to declare my cutomized commands ?
>
> man dh_installdeb doesn't help and is a bit confused :
Hm, all in there. And you can read source code? _Big_ ;-)

> >       dh_installdeb  automatically  installs the following files
> >       from debian/ into the DEBIAN directory:
 ..
> >            package.postrm
 ..
> >       The postinst, preinst, postrm, and prerm are handled  spe-
> >       cially:  If  a corresponding file named debian/script.deb-
> >       helper exists, the contents of that file are  merged  into

dh_make gives you some files to start with. They come from
/usr/share/debhelper/..

The main package (the first binary package in your control file) may
simply have 'postrm' as your script. But you may also give an explicit
package prefix for this.
If you do this or build more binaries, you may name them
package.postrm, that is eg. libggi.postrm and libggi2-dev.postrm.

These may again contain lines with #DEBHELPER# in them.
This keyword will be replaced by the scripts that are automatically
generated by the various debhelper progs. These are called
postrm.debhelper or package.postrm.debhelper and naturally overwrite
your changes made there.

greetings, martin