Action needed for R-pkg Uploaders

Hi R-pkg team members,

as you might have possibly read I nominated myself for DPL for the next
term[1].  I will pronounce in my platform clearly that I will stop my
uploading activity to rather concentrate on my DPL tasks.  I hope I will
be able to really stop myself from uploading in case I might be elected.

I will also express that I'm a bit afraid about the effect on the teams
where I'm very active in.  This is specifically true for the R-pkg team.
I did lots of team uploads in this team as you might have observed for
those packages where you are listed as Uploader (see below).  I simply
worked down the list of packages needing an update[2] if I have some
spare minutes - no matter whether I'm Uploader or not.  The
`routine-update` script was of great help here since it basically does
what it says.

The fact that the list[2] became a bit longish is simply a sign that I
was focussing on other things the last weeks - drafting my DPL platform
etc.  I might upload some packages from list if other things like
cleaning up after time_t transition in some packages might occupy all my
time.  However, you need to expect that this list will grow even longer
if nobody will stand up and fulfill the task I more or less silently
did the last couple of years.

I've put all those contributors in CC who had a hit in the UDD query

   SELECT DISTINCT uploaders FROM sources WHERE maintainer_email = 'r-pkg-team@alioth-lists.debian.net' AND release = 'sid';

which means the package is maintained by R-pkg team and the package is
in sid (so no old Uploaders).  Below you see a list of the actual
package which is listing you as Uploader.  Please note that some people
are mentioned with different e-mail addresses.  BTW, this list also
contains Nilesh Patra who declared to leave the team[3].  We need to
replace him as Uploader (and he is not mentioned in To-Field).

What I would like you to do is:

  1. Verify the list of packages whether you want to keep on working
     on this/these package(s) (and if you have different e-mail
     addresses please stick to only one)
  2. If you do not want to serve as Uploader any more please try to
     find a different Uploader (in the best case) and let this
     contributor replace your ID or simply remove your ID to not
     nurish the false hope that someone will care for this package
     actively
  3. Make sure you are uploading your packages regularly for new
     upstream versions and check for potential bugs (listed at the
     end of[2])
  4. I'd be happy if you would do me the favour to upload those
     packages that are listing me as Uploader as long as I might
     serve as DPL (I do not plan to do so more than one year)

Thanks a lot for your cooperation inside R-pkg team
   Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2024/03/msg00002.html
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities/-/blob/master/outdated_r-packages.txt
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-r/2023/11/msg00054.html

Packages maintained by Uploaders in R-pkg team.

Alba Crespi <crespialba+debian@gmail.com>:
 r-cran-data.table
 r-cran-fastmatch
 r-cran-metamix