Re: Proposal for Registry-display on task pages

Hi Andreas,

On 09.10.17 16:34, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 04:10:59PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
>> here some R/Python/PHP-mix pseudocode idea for getting
>> the registry links displayed on the task page:
>>
>> registry_prefix={
>>   "bio.tools"=>"https://bio.tools/";,
>>   "RRID" => "http://identifiers.org/rrid/RRID:";,
>>   "SciCrunch" => "http://identifiers.org/rrid/RRID:";,
>>   "OMICtools" => "https://duckduckgo.com/?q=\\"; (a single backslash at the end is what I want)
>> }
>>
>> print "Registries: "
>> for (registry_name,registry_id) %in% registry_assignments {
>>   prefix=registry_prefix[[registry_name]]
>>   if (empty(prefix) or "NA"==registry_id) {
>>     print "%s:%s" % ($registry_name,$registry_id)
>>   } else {
>>     print "%s:<a href="%s%s">%s</a>" % (registry_name,prefix,registry_id,registry_id)
>>   }
>> }
>>
>> The situation with OMICtools is not yet ideal, but from what
>> I understood this will soon get better. The single backslash
>> at the end induces some "You feel lucky!"-like immediate
>> forward to the top hit. Funnily enough, SciCrunch also needs
>> a bit of bridge, albeit a more deterministic one.
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I hope to get this implemented before end of
> October.
>
> One question regarding the 'NA' values.  I'd consider it more readable
> if we would just print nothing if there is no entry available.  Or am I
> missing something?

I put them down internally to record that one of us had looked for it. Our
task list is likely the source for the maintainers of the respective
registry to get the missing bit curated. I would therefore like to
show that. And frankly, it is a bit of effort to show that there is no
such entry (or that the cognate entry refers to a different tool) and we
should take some pride in that.

How about putting the "NA" (or should it better read "N/A" since we
are not in R ?) in a hyperlink of a query URL of the respective target
registry? We would then be userfriendly again.

Best,

Steffen