Re: Splitting imaging into two separate tasks

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 09:04:34AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I was wondering whether the user base for these different kinds of
> imaging applications is distinct and a split might make sense here.

The resulting potential duplication of packages in multiple tasks is an issue
-- not just for imaging. The underlying problem is, of course, that the
tasks are not orthogonal.

Now that more and more information about blends is gathered directly
from VCSs, maybe we already have the infrastructure to assemble tasks
from tags stored in a VCS?

If that is the case, it might be a way forward to a have debtags(-like)
scheme to assemble tasks from packages, where any package can be
assigned to any task, simply by adding the corresponding tag.

In this scenario, there seems to be very little cost of having
arbitrarily fine-grained tasks (and any number of them).

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de