Communication channels: Please raise your opinion

Hi,

recent blog afairs [1],[2] made me think about enhancing our
communication channels regarding some kind of team opinion to reach some
consensus in questions how the project should be represented.  I could
imagine to have some more or less regular IRC meetings to sort out
things like this (and technical things as well for sure).

To see if this might work I would like to propose a first IRC meeting
next Monday 29.8. at 17:00 GMT in #debian-med.  If it turns out that
only a few people will be able to attend we should create some doodle
poll to find a better date / time.

Current burning issues are:

 1. How to do regular IRC meetings
 2. How do we want to use our Blog[3]
     - Do we require authors name on postings
     - Should every posting be forewarded to planet.d.o
       (and possibly other blog aggregators)
     - Do we accept advertising of some companies on this
       site
 3. How to gather some money that can be used for organising
    Debian Med sprints
     - Amazon partnership
     - Flattr
     - Ask for donations via Paypal account

These topics tend to occupy more time than I would love to spend on but
it somehow became important and we should not ignore this.  However, the
meeting should not last longer than one hour.

BTW, Steffen and me would really like to hear opinions about [2] even
before the meeting has started.  So please be bold enough to raise your
voice even if you might regard yourself as a "not so important" (IMHO
such a status does not exist - everybody counts!) member of the team.
If you are reading here you should have some opinion and we need this to
justify our minds.  I'd love to read opposite opinions to mine with good
arguments proving me wrong to adjust my mind but silence does not help.

Besides the "forewarding to planet.d.o" issue [2] I think even more
important is the question whether we accept the Amazon advertising on
the blog pages[3].  Any input about your opinion would be helpful.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/08/msg00144.html
    and following mails in thread
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/08/msg00174.html
[3] http://debianmed.blogspot.com/