Re: Just to say hello

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 08:41, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> I think it should be quite easy to pick some work from tasks pages like
>
>   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio
>
> (I picked the biological page because it fits your profession best -
> feel free to dive into the other tasks)  The principle is easy: yellow
> or red color is signaling work to do. :-)

Yes, I've noticed this yesterday. I'll find something interesting and
let you know when my work is in progress.

> I just added you to the Debian Med team and thus you can easily commit
> to the Debian Med repositories (SVN and Git is used at the preference of
> the packager see our policy[1]).  Currently you see as tasks like
>
>  - "Newer upstream" warnings (I just noticed that some false positives
>   seem to be there - need to check the page creating code)
>   Just commit the needed changes for the new version to VCS and ping
>   the list for a sponsored upload.
>  - "Go tagging" for missing DebTags (I learned in the Debian Science BOF
>   that the DebTags concept is widely unknown :-()

Yes, I've never heard of it before, but I did some tagging now, just
to give it a try.

>  - "Upload screenshot"
>
> Any work is helpful and as a newcomer you have quite good chances to
> softly dive into the pool of software which is there.  Further down you
> can see packages which we started working but did not finished yet for
> different reasons.  So you can have a look starting from
>
>   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#pkgvcs-debs
>
> to find some more targets for your packaging attempt.  Feel free to ask
> here first if you decided for a certain package - in most cases you will
> get useful hints.
>
>> You can add Serbian to the tasks, and I'll do my best to translate it
>> as soon as possible.
>
> I will do but currently ddtp.debian.net is down and thus the
> registration of Serbian (which seems to be not there currently).  I'll
> observe this and will keep you informed.
>
> Welcome in the team
>
>       Andreas.
>
> PS: I agree with you that dcm4chee is not really a task for a newcomer
>    specifically without any love for Java.  Some beer + pizza is just
>    to less fee to become a Java expert. :-)
>    Also the GinkoCADx issue is a bit tricky because the program itself
>    is not the issue which needs fixing but rather some complex cmake
>    multiarch stuff in connection with vtk - also nothing a newcomer
>    should pick as first task.
>
> [1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

I'm so glad that I found you guys, this is so much better from "come
to Debian, there is so much work, you can do anything". Little
directions was everything I needed.

Greetings,
Karolina