Re: Just to say hello

Hi Karolina,

thanks for the introduction on this list which is very welcome.

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 02:29:20PM +0200, Karolina Kalic wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new on the list, so I wanted to represent myself. I already talked
> with Andreas about Debian Med, so I'm a bit familiar with the project.

Hope the BOF @ Debconf was inspiring ... and nice to have you met at
DebConf. :-)

> I'm already involved in Debian. I have one package and I'm active on
> Debian Women list. Also, I've done some translation to Serbian of D-I.
> I like Debian Med idea and I would like to help. If you have some work
> for me, I'm ready. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, at least not
> yet.

We are maintaining (more or less - I guess it needs a major update) a
TODO list where you can pick tasks which might fit your skills /
interest:

   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedTodo

If you are interested in translations translating GNUmed is probably an
interesting thing to do - just trust Karsten how to do this.  There
might also be a lot to do in translating package descriptions.  I just
realised that on our tasks pages there is no Serbian language presented.
I would have liked to include this but it seems ddtp.debian.{net,org} is
down somehow.  Please ping me about this and I'll add Serbian to the
tasks at

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/

which is providing you with an easy interface to translate descriptions
of packages we are interested in.