Re: Looking for a DD to upload mummy

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:07:39AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Thanks ! I'll update my other packages, I keep spreading this mistake
> over and over.

:-)
Me too in the past.  I'm fixing those step by step.

> > Please document the rationale in README.source why you can not use the
> > Debian packaged cableswig.
>
> Updated. Basically the build system would try to retrieve the latest
> version of cableswig from the CVS.
> Since cableswig is going to be deprecated in ITKv4 (and because
> cableswig does not provide library), one has to download cableswig
> locally to build mummy (statically linked).

Just mention it in README.source.  It just needs to be documented.  Even
if I admit I do not understand all this because I personally never dealt
with all this stuff - but knowledged people would make some sense out
of it I guess.

> > In general I would try to contact upstream whether they might be able to
> > provide something like a downloadable tarball or at least a web page
> > which mentiones the latest upstream version (and the according tag in
> > git) to enable us to write a proper watch file.  I'm quite keen on
> > having a watch file for any of our packages to enable us to catch up
> > with upstream.
>
> ActiViz.NET is quite old. It has been around for years, but it has
> been open-sourced only a few weeks ago. I really hope they'll polish
> the website as they did already for
> VTK,ITK,paraview,cmake,cdash,batchmake,gccxml,igstk,vtkedge...

Perhaps hoping is not enough - just explaining the reason why it makes
sense if we were able to write a proper watch file to always get the
latest and greatest of their software straight into Debian might be
better than hoping.  It is a good idea to have some good relation with
our upstreams which starts with proper communication.

> > The last issue is the copyright file.  Please use the DEP5 format as
> > described in
> >
> >    http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/#index7h1
>
> Sorry about that. I was simply using the generated file from dh_make.

I did not used dh_make since a long time.  Perhaps somebody should
check whether the latest dh_make regards DEP5 instead of missleading
packagers all the time.  If not writing a bug report (wishlist or
minor) would make perfectly sense.

> This should be all fixed now.

I'll have a look later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your work on this