Re: Possibility of LTS fix for Samba?

Paul Wise wrote on 21/07/2023 03:32:
> On Thu, 2023-07-20 at 14:13 +0100, Ronny Adsetts wrote:
>
>> I think upgrading our Samba servers to Bullseye and then Samba
>> from backports (or Michael's repo) is the approach I'll take.
>
> Is upgrading to Debian bookworm after that not possible for you?

It is of course possible, but more complicated. We have baremetal servers and then the VMs where services run. Really it comes down to the amount of time I can get approved to spend on it in what timeframe. In the case of the Samba issue, it's become more urgent for those VMs to be upgraded. Hence we'll go to Bullseye on those first before an upgrade of everything else.

So it all comes down to logistics and priorities in the end. :-).

Ronny
--
Ronny Adsetts
Technical Director

Registered office: 85 Waldegrave Park, Twickenham, TW1 4TJ
Registered in England. Company No. 4042957