What about a boot parameter like live-media=only=udev=<udev match criteria>

Hi,

I RFC for a boot parameter that I am about implementing:

live-media=only=udev=<udev match criteria>

where <udev match criteria> is the part of an udev/rule that do selection of a /sys/ device.

It gives the user full control of which usb partition should hold live/ ; more or less fine grained criteria can be used.

Threafter, /scripts/live will do an exclusive mount on the dev node created by this rule, immediately after this dev node being created by udev, either with a udevadm settle or a inotifywait.

Thanks for comments.

Ph.L.