How to resize the IMG USB Live-Debian pendrive ?

Hello,

The dd if=debian-live.img of=/dev/sda results in a bootable live-debian pendrive, of 200-250Mb.
Is there a way to resize it to full pendrive partition, of e.g. 1 Gygabyte of my pendrive?

I tried with gparted but this gparted screw all the partition, and kill the fat16 and badly make a fat32, by error (or bug). No way to use it to resizing the debian-live fat16 bootable pendrive.

Is there some tricks to make it?

Thanks

Regards