Re: license packages

schoappied wrote:
> Now I'm in doubt whether aptitude or apt-get is preferable for a mixed
> testing/unstable system..

i *personally* use apt-get only, i don't like aptitude.

apart from that i've the impression that aptitude being slower, it has a
very strange and allegedly not determinstic dependency and recommends
resolver (in the meaning that it depends on whatever other packages have
recommends for a  particular package, because aptitude then tries to be
clever and installs the package that has the 'most recommendet level'
across the set of installed packages, and not complying to the order of
alternatives that were given by the maintainer). or in otherwords: it
tries to be too smart and therefore fails in some cases, which i don't
like. i prefere a tool that behaves always the same way (even if it is
not optimal in some cases, then i'll make sure that it behaves in these
cases as i want it to)...

> What do you advise and why?

...however, that's a *personal* issue which i only share for the sake of
completeness. it is not ment as a recommendation regarding debian-live
and should not influence your decission, a decission you have to make
for yourself. other people do certainly thing different about it.

> And do you know both aptitude and apt-get well?

i wouldn't claim of myself to either know apt-get or aptitude well. but
i can at make apt-get do what i want, that's enough for me :)