Re: license packages

2009/1/15 Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>:
> Michal Suchanek wrote:
>> AFAIK apt does not track manually installed packages at all, it makes
>> all packages it installs seem manually installed as it does not record
>> which were added automatically.
>
> apt does track manually installed packages since quite some time (end
> lets you cleanup unused, automatically pulled in packages with apt-get
> autoremove).

There is a difference here. Aptitude cleans up the dependencies
automatically when you remove whatever needed them. Unfortunately,
neither tool seems to be configurable to do what the other does.
Messy.

The most important part, though, is that apt does not track
automatically installed packages on stable (etch) so it might have
been ages but not long enough ages for Debian.

Nice thing to try out when Lenny is released and I manage to get rid
of any etch systems.

Thanks

Michal