Re: Expat license and "free for academic users"

Hi all,

Thank you for your prompt responses.

On 2023-06-22 17:49, Sam Hartman wrote:
I mean under xpat, it's certainly free for academic users, and it's also
free for everyone else.

Unless that statement in the readme is in a section called license or
otherwise claims to be a license, I'd treat it as xpat and move on with
life.

The "free to academic users" comment is in "COPYRIGHT & CONTACT" section of a readme file.

Sometimes the best approach to licensing is to take a defensible
position and not to try and find problems.

Just to clarify: does this mean one should avoid ambiguous licenses?

Best wishes,
Andrius