docsis linking to libsnmp which links against libopenssl

Hi everyone! I have a question about the license status of a package I
maintain, docsis.

Docsis uses libsnmp. In turn, since the last upload, libsnmp added -lcrypto,
making it link against libopenssl.

Docsis is under the GPL with no openssl exception, so at first sight it could
be an offender, but:

- It links against another libs which in turn uses libopenssl.
- It doesn't make use of any of it's crypto stuff.

What do you think the status of docsis is then?

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Yo quiero conocer el pensamiento de Dios, el resto son detalles.
 Albert Einstein

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/