Re: custom license (package: bwctl)

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012, at 05:27 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 09:20:19AM -0500, Clark C. Evans a écrit :
> >
> > | without contemporaneously requiring end users to enter into
> > | a separate written license agreement for such enhancements
> >
> > Ok.  So, this language iss the one under debate I guess.
> > Simply putting on a license text isn't sufficient, you need
> > to *require* end users to *enter* into a *written* agreement.
>
> In my understanding, “to enter into a written license agreement”
> can be done by receiving a license text, reading it and accepting it.

Even if it might be readable this manner, this clause still creates a
non-free burden for those publishing a derived work: distributions
must *require* that the user *enter into* the license agreement.
Typical
proprietary software vendors use an "Accept License Terms" dialog with a
prominent button saying "I ACCEPT" to satisfy this requirement.

Best,

Clark