Re: DFSG-freeness of any license that fixes the ASP loophole

Francesco Poli wrote:
Yeah, and then the FSF goes on to publish (or seek to publish):

 * the GNU FDL [1]
 * the GNU AfferoGPL
 * the GNU SFDL [2]
 * the GNU Wiki License, mentioned in a GFDLv2-draft1 proposed clause[3]

As if their existing licenses are Harry Potter stories widely read and understood and enjoyed, they are writing sequels! Thank God there is no FSF fan fiction!

But anyway, I'm under the impression that it could be impossible to
address this "problem" without doing more harm than good.
Any "solution" I've seen so far is either utterly non-free, or non-free
in subtler ways.

How does it count to be non-free to be only required to release your source code for certain kinds of uses? Anyway, you have not said whether the clause I proposed would itself make a work non-DFSG-free.

Disclaimers, as usual: IANAL, TINLA, IANADD, TINASOTODP.

I presume IANADD means "I am not a Debian Developer".

Shriramana Sharma.