Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri)
> No, I do not. It's obviously not an exception (or it would have said so)
> but a way to officially state what the DFSG means when applied to this
> license, since there has been a wide disagreement in the project about
> this.

The position statement appears to state the conclusion without stating
what the DFSG mean when applied to this licence. It says nothing about
the anti-DRM or Transparent/Opaque problems directly. It just pulls a
conclusion out of the project's backside without rationale. This leaves
a huge gaping hole in the understanding of the FDL. Dumb.

Most FDL'd works I care about include unmodifiable sections and this
position statement is clear about them, at least.

--
MJR/slef