Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> wrote:
> Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> writes:
> > Or that the GR changed the DFSG, and the proponents managed to
> > browbeat the secretary into not requiring a 3:1 majority.
>
> Well, fortunately 1) the winning option did have a 3:1 majority

You're right.  I did not notice that.  That makes the analysis much
simpler.  The developers, in their wisdom, essentially changed DFSG
#10 to add the GFDL without invariant sections.

I still don't see how Debian can comply with keeping the source to
every version for a year, or with the DRM requirements.  But that is
for the ftp-masters to figure out.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu