GPL & Binary

A few days ago I developed a small C application which I'd like to
distribute (source code included) to help university freshmen  this
year. The problem is that I'm using some routines and ADTs which I'm
definitely going to need in other subjects in the future. Most teachers
here have a really strict policy regarding similar pieces of code so I
don't really want anyone to have access to those routines yet.
The solution for this would be to release those routines in a compiled
object file along with the source code for the application itself. Does
the GPL allow me to do this or would I have to go with the BDS license
for such a release?
Another option for this would be a mixed GPL/BSD release but I think
that would open up a completely different can of worms.

Thanks in advance,
João Pinheiro